NOTE: This collection of snippets is automatically installed as part of PowerGUI and PowerGUI Pro versions 2.0.0 and later. It is available here only for manual install in earlier versions of PowerGUI.
A collection of snippets that facilitate working with new PowerShell 2.0 features.
PowerGUI 184.108.40.2060 or later
PowerShell 2.0 or later
Provides snippets to allow you to easily create:
• Advanced functions
• Proxy functions
• Background jobs
• Remote tasks
• Module manifests
• Try...catch...finally blocks
• Comment-based help for functions or scripts
• Custom objects from dynamic modules
What's new in PowerShell v2
How to install:
1. Download the PowerShell v2 Snippets.zip file that is attached to this document.
2. Extract the downloaded archive contents into the root of your PowerGUI snippets folder. The PowerGUI snippets folder is a subfolder of your PowerGUI installation folder. By default this will be in C:\Program Files\PowerGUI\snippets on a 32-bit system, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerGUI\snippets on a 64-bit system.
Open your PowerGUI Script Editor (standalone or embedded) and press Ctrl+I to invoke the Insert Snippet feature. Type enough of "PowerShell v2" to have that text selected and press enter to view the snippets in the PowerShell v2 folder. Select the snippet you want to use and press enter, or double-click the snippet you want to insert into the editor window.
August 26, 2009