This Script Editor Add-on adds a help browser toolwindow and a help panel to display the help text of abouts, aliases and cmdlets. It could be useful for a beginner scripter.
PowerGUI Script Editor 220.127.116.118 or later and PowerShell 2.0 or later
- List the available cmdlets, aliases and help abouts.
- Click on an item to get help .
- Double click on an alias or cmdlet to insert it to the active editor window.
How to install:
1. Close the PowerGUI Script Editor and Admin Console.
2. Download the zip file that is attached to this article.
3. Extract the contents of the zip file into your Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules folder. You will have to create this folder if it does not exist. When extracting the files, preserve the paths that exist within the archive.
4. Open the Script Editor.
2. Select "PowerShell Libraries" from the File menu.
3. Check the Add-on.HelpBrowser module.
4. Click on OK to close the "PowerShell Libraries" dialog.