This power pack contains scripts that I have written, it is very small as I have only just started to write the powerpack but I will update it as I get more reports ported.
In order to use this PowerPack you will need the 'VMware Infrastructure Management' PowerPack (http://powergui.org/entry.jspa?externalID=1802&categoryID=290) installed and need to connect using the connection through that PowerPack.
You can contact me via this page: http://ninet.org/contact all comments and fixes welcome.
- Tweaked: VM Inventory Query - reduced time to audit from ~150sec for 200 VMs to ~35sec.
- Fixed: Incorrect naming for networks that belong to a dvPort
- New Script: Connect/Disconnect Selected NICs, will invert the current connection state.
- Fixed: Potential Non-reporting of extra cdroms on VMs that had multiple cdroms assigned.
- New VM Query: NIC details for powered on VMs
- New VM Query: VMs that are powered on with NICs that are not connected.
- New Script: Disconnect Media - I found that the vSphere client would error out trying to edit the settings of a vm that had a cdrom pointing at a datastore that was no longer valid, this script will remove the media from that cdrom. This will also work for templates by selecting a random resource pool on the host/cluster the template is assigned to and then coverting the template into a VM, disconnecting the media and then converting back to a VM.
- New VM Query: VMs with CDROM Connected - Lists all VMs that have a CDROM Connected
- New VM Query: VMs with broken CDROM Datastores - Lists all VMs that have a CDROM which is pointing to a non-existent datastore
- Fixed "VM Inventory" to work with multiple simultaneously connected vCenters
- Removed "vSphere 5 compliance checker" as it was obsolete with the revamp of the licensing and the offical tool
- All Scripts (except statistics) sped up by at least a factor of 3,in some cases a factor of 20
- A few more reports added.